Topic of the Month
Limited hit from energy price rise on US consumption so far
The impact of energy on the US economy has declined over the last three decades, but a series of shocks since the pandemic and a +30% price surge since July has brought the topic back to light.
Limited hit from energy price rise on US...
Macroeconomics, Geopolitics, and Strategy
- Macroeconomic focus: Resurgence in oil prices renews inflation concerns
- Emerging markets: China & India
- Macroeconomic snapshot
- Central banks watch: Still some inflation concerns on the easing cycle path
- Geopolitics: EU tariffs on Chinese electric vehicles not a certainty
- Policy: The elusive compromise on EU fiscal rules
- Scenarios and risks
- Amundi Investment Institute models: Mood ON Mood OFF Indicator (MoMo)
- Infographic - Markets in charts: Equities & Bonds
- Special focus on Hedge Funds: Global macro at an inflection point Uncertainty on Fed actions is supporting the USD
- Currencies: Uncertainty on Fed actions is supporting the USD
Macroeconomics, Geopolitics, and Strategy...
Global Investment Views
Bond yields attractive as inflation stabilises
Risk assets have been in wait-and-see mode since summer’s end, but they are still pricing in a soft-landing scenario in which inflation continues to fall without any damage to economic growth.
Global Investment Views - October 2023
Macroeconomic and financial market forecasts