President Trump announced in a tweet shortly before 1:00 a.m. on Friday October 2 nd that he and the First Lady of the United States (FLOTUS) tested positive for COVID-19. We look at the potential repercussions from this dramatic news in this Q&A.
- What does this mean in the near term?
- The Horse Race: Does this change the dynamics of the race?
- What happens if Trump is temporarily incapacitated?
- What happens if Trump dies or suddenly resigns before Election Day?
- What happens if Biden tests positive and is unable or unwilling to run before Election Day?
- Can the election be delayed?
- What are the market implications?